Total Page Views

Friday 28 January 2011

Pub Trotting with Pete

Another Wednesday came along so I met Pete at the Commercial Rooms after securing my usual Pieminister PM pie from Simon the pieman. There were quite a lot of customers crowding around the bar but surprisingly I got served a lot quicker than I had anticipated. I ordered a pint of Blindmans Siberia 4.7%. A tasty beer with a different aftertaste. It was also a little too dark for me. However, we finished our pints and headed on down to the Bridge Inn. This is a very small one room pub. Although it was packed to the rafters we quickly got our pint of Castle Rock Harvest Pale 3.8%. Unfortunately this beer was slightly cloudy. However, the taste was good so we persevered. Determined to continue our search for the best Bristol pubs we quickly put the world to rights after a very mild rant and made our way to the Stag and Hounds in Old Market. Peering through the windows we could see that the place was empty, not even a bar person. There didn't seem to be any real ales on offer so we headed over the road to the Punch Bowl  also in Old Market. The only real ale on offer was Courage Best Bitter 4% This is not normally a beer I would choose but being the only one I took a chance. Surprisingly it was OK. A very drinkable beer in fact. Moving swiftly on we drank up and visited the Old Market Tavern just a few doors up. Here we had a Wadworth Swordfish 5%. Not an unpleasant beer but not really to my taste. We had a quick rant and then headed off home. I managed to catch a number 43 without waiting too long. Pete apparently just missed his number 1. Perhaps the balance of bus catching is changing in my favour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers