Total Page Views

Monday 24 January 2011

Goblins

Those pesky goblins have struck again. This time they opened the doors of the fermenting cupboard. This cupboard is temperature controlled and is idea for holding the fermenting wort at about 20C. However, with the door open the temperature dropped to 13C. This is maybe just cold enough to kill the yeast dead. I took a hydrometer reading. I was surprised by the reading which was 1.008 because the brew had been fermenting for just a few hours short of one week. I was prepared to add some more yeast and get the brew fermenting again. I decided not to do this and just shut the door. The hydrometer reading will give the brew an ABV of about 4.5% which is not bad and just the strength I was looking for. I will probably transfer this brew to the pressure barrel on Thursday.

Although the goblins tried their hardest to upset my latest brew they did not succeed. Ha Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers