Total Page Views

Friday 21 January 2011

Curry Night

Attended the Royal Oak Staple Hill for our customary and traditional curry night in the company of Jim, Geoff and Alannis. I started off with Cottage Brewery Golden Arrow 4.5%. However, it was cloudy and did not taste very good. I took it back and got a pint of Sharpes Doom Bar 4%. Much better and it went down well. Duncan, Mary and John then turned up quickly followed by Pete. Food orders were given at the bar. I opted for a Thai Noodles and chicken and very nice it was. I think that I am gradually going away from Weatherspoons curry's. Other menu items are just as tasty if not tastier. No rants about the service this time. But we did have a few rants as the evening progressed and then strangely the rants turned more mellow and finally petered out.

My next pint was a Bath Ales Gem 4.1%. This was followed by another Doom Bar. Geoff and Jim turned to the wine but I being by this time extremely wise (and some say good looking) declined the wine offer. Preferring to stick with the beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers