Total Page Views

Friday 28 January 2011

Barreling of the Latest Brew

Thursday and it was time to put my latest brew, McMullen Country Best Bitter (you know the one that the goblins tried to sabotage), into a pressure barrel. After sterilising the barrel I put 45 grams of dried malt extract and 30 grams of caster sugar into the bottom. I than ran off the brew from the fermenting vessel directly into the barrel. The operation went quite smoothly and there were no signs of those pesky goblins. I took a final gravity reading and was surprised to see that it was at 1.008. This gives an ABV of about 4.7% not a bad strength and about .5% higher than it should be.

The next brew day should be Monday 31 Jan 11. This time I will attempt a clone of Brakspear Special which should come out at about 4.9% ABV if I can get the Original Gravity right and there are no ruddy goblins about to scupper it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers