Total Page Views

Saturday 29 January 2011

Thursday Night is Curry Night

Travelled with Geoff and Alannis to the Staple Hill Oak for our usual curry night. Pete was already there and he stumped up for the first round. I had a Box Steam Chuffin Ale 4% if you will excuse the expression. Quite a nice beer but a little too dark for me. I prefer the lighter, golden ales. I once again forsook the Weatherspoons Thursday Curry Club curry and went instead for the Chili Con Carne with rice. It wasn't too bad but once again it had been hanging around and there was a sort of thin skin over the chili. The sour cream was not very sour and was straight out of the fridge. However, my second sampling of ale for the evening was Cottage Brewery Western Glory 4.7%. A few rants were indulged in mainly breaking up and scrapping of the Nimrod fleet. Greedy bankers. And although the subject of selling off of our forests to the private sector was raised it was quietly ignored and a rant did not breakout. Thus the scene was set for a pint or two of Milk Street Amarillo 4.4% a very enjoyable ale which I shall be having again if, that is, I come across it again. And so with Jim away and no wine to quaff it was off home and so to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers