Total Page Views

Saturday 13 November 2010

Thursday At Weatherspoons

Another Thursday and another curry night at the Staple Hill Oak. Real Ale and Cider Festival still going. Strolled in with Geoff and Tony met Duncan, Mary and John inside and joined by Alannis later. Started with a Signal Box 4.1%. and a brown ale. I don't think that I have had a brown ale from the cask before. I used to drink Watney's brown by the pint from a bottle and mixed Mann's brown ale and a bitter for a brown ale split when I was oh so much younger. Really enjoyed this offering. We ordered our curry and I had Tandoori Vegetable Kebabs Sweet potato, chickpeas, peas and chana lentils are mixed with tandoori masala and shaped into kebabs, crumbed with parsley and deep fried, with tarka daal This dish originates from central India. Red and chana lentils are cooked with tomato and coriander, then flavoured with garlic and cumin. Different from the usual curry but very delicious. The salad was refreshing with the dips but I think they left off my naan bread. I didn't complain because I had already eaten about 3/4 of it before I realised. Anyway onto another pint this time Hairway to Steaven 5%. This ale has a very distinctive taste that I liked. However, always willing to try a beer I haven't tasted before I finished with a Titanic, New York Wheat Porter 4.2%. Another very enjoyable beer that did not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers