Total Page Views

Thursday 2 September 2010

Wednesday

Met Pete in the Commercial Rooms, Bristol yesterday for a pint of Steam Harvest 4.8% from RCH. I couldn't find Steam Harvest on their website but found a mention of it on the BeerToday website. A nice fairly bitter tasting beer. Barry turned up unexpectedly so we repaired to the Seven Stars. Barry had heard they had a few new ales just ready for tasting. Tried the Raw Moor 4.3%. I can't find a website for the Moor Brewery. It is a unfined slightly hazy beer but very tasty. A pint of 3G-Darwins 4.6%. A very nice hoppy ale. I can't find a link for this beer. If anyone can please send it to me or leave it as a comment. Ta! Finished with a Severn Vale Session 3.4%. No active website yet but they do list their beers.

Pete gave me some more of his garden produce which included a purple cauliflower! Not tried it yet but it look very colourful. He has promised me some more lettuce when we meet at Weatherspoons tonight. Ta Pete! Yes it is Thursday again. I must get my head around this time warp business. Off to Lynton with some of the usual suspects tomorrow until Monday.We will meet Martin and Sally who are old friends from Bristol who moved to Devon many years ago. They manage the Channel View camp site and we will be camping under the stars and hopefully not under the rain clouds. Richard has very kindly offered me a lift and we will meet the rest of the gang there. I will write a blog tomorrow, if I have time and unless I can borrow a computer my next blog after that will be next Tuesday. Hopefully it will be full of our daring exploits and some new real ales. I am looking forward to this trip. My first and last holiday since last September. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers