Total Page Views

Friday 3 September 2010

Curry Night

Thursday night is indeed curry night. I lost my notes of last night's visit to Weatherspoons Staple Hill so having to rely on memory. Not such a good thing at my age. Started off with a pint of Bob and a further pint of Bob with my Beef Madras curry. The curry seemed really rather spicier than usual, however, it was very tasty. Finished with a pint of S'necker  or something like that 5.1%. A darkish beer with a nice hoppy aroma and taste. With a slight caramel finish. It must have been a local beer because the pump did not have a proper clip just an oval blackboard with the title and ABV written in chalk. So it was probably chosen by the manager and not part of Weatherspoons overall guest ales.

Pete gave me some more lettuce and half a ton of damson. Ta Pete! Not sure what do with the damsons just yet. Wine comes to mind, or jam or maybe even a chutney. If anyone has any ideas please put them on a postcard and send to the usual address. Sorry kids you have to be 16 or over to enter.

Awaiting Richard who will give me a lift to Lynton. Hoping to find a few new ales that I have not tried before. if not Exmoor Gold, Exmoor Stag, Exmoor Beast and a raft of other beers will be available. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers