Total Page Views

Saturday 28 August 2010

B-Day +1

The Scarecrow IPA is bubbling away as expected so hopefully this brew will be successful. Not much else in the way of real ale news or info. Except I have been watching a programme called Save Our Boozer I thought that this was a really interesting programme but also very worrying. Somewhere in the region of 50 pubs are closing every week. Many will close forever and be bulldozed to make way for housing or shopping centres. Sadly some will just lie derelict for years and years. The pub is often the centre of community life, especially in rural areas. If your local boozer is under threat and you feel you ought to do something about it then look at these sites.

Community Pubs
More Community Pubs
Even More Community Pubs

I could have a good old rant about this because I do feel passionate about local communities and their pubs. However, I shall reign in my natural enthusiasm and just say take up thy pen or email and contact your local MP and ask them what they are doing about all these unprecedented pub closures. Is it right that city centre drinking dens can sell cheap alcohol that fuels violence and anti-social behaviour and costs a fortune to police, while good, responsible well run pubs are closing. OK, so I had a little rant but it does make my blood boil. Thats all for now, ffffoolks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers