Total Page Views

Thursday 31 March 2011

Wednesday - Pub Strolling Day

Caught the usual number 42 bus to the Centre and from thence to the Berkeley to meet Pete and joy of joys the Wetherspoons Real Ale Festival was on. £1.95 per pint and a chance to taste some beer that would not normally come my way. Zeunerts Ale 4.5%. I can't remember if I have ever tried Swedish beer before. However, I was pleasantly surprised. A very nice pint that I could have carried on drinking. However, we put on our walking shoes and legged it for our next venue The Hope and Anchor. One of my favourite pubs. We both had a pint of Cheddar Ales Potholer 4.3%. Another one of my favourite beers. Putting half the world to rights we moved on in search of another pub and another decent pint. However, the Fleur de Leys appeared to be closed. Whether just for the the lunch hour or permanently I couldn't make out. A little disappointed we made our way to the Three Tuns an Arbor Ales Pub. We had a couple of pints of Single Hop - Tettnang 4.0%. A light gold bitter. Extremely tasty and moorish. Which we did. Had some more that is. However, as is the way of the world time was not on our side. Sadly we made our way back to the Centre to catch our respective buses. I managed to get on a number 42 that left just as soon as I sat down. So it was home to a nice bowl of home made lamb stew. A nice pleasant way to end a nice pleasant day. 


The 2011 Bitton Beer Festival is being held on the 3 & 4 July. More about that as the great day approaches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers