Total Page Views

Friday 18 February 2011

Thursday - Curry Night

There was a surfeit of Old Gits last night for the traditional curry. We all met up at the Staple Hill Oak. I started the night off with a pint of Heritage 4.2% from Three Castles Brewery. This is an amber beer with a thin head but with good lacing. A nice fresh aroma. I liked this beer very much. I ordered a Lamb Rogan Josh from the curry night menu. Wetherspoons currys have definitely gone down hill in my opinion. The portions are smaller. My poppadoms were covered in pools of oil. Although the lamb was tasty and tender the whole taste of the curry was disappointing. This curry was a stark reminder of why I have not had one for the past 5 weeks. I shall not be having one again. Anyway, I would have stayed on the Heritage had it not been for the Golden Hare 4.4%. Although it the beer had a very slight haze about it  was just as I remembered it. A light yellow to slight golden in colour. Very good lacing with a medium head. All in all a very good beer. I had three altogether but managed once again to stay off the wine. Who's a good boy then? Apart from the curry it was a very enjoyable night talking bullocks with good friends and drinking good beer.

MY BID TO RAISE SOME MONEY FOR THE ALZHEIMER'S SOCIETY HAS ONCE AGAIN STALLED. PLEASE, PLEASE CLICK ON THE ADVERTS. CLICK ON AS MANY DIFFERENT ONES AS IS HUMANLY POSSIBLE. TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers