Total Page Views

Friday 25 February 2011

Thursday - Barrelling Day

I ran off the wort from the Burton Bridge Bitter into a sterilised pressure barrel that contained 65 grams of dried sprayed malt and 6 grams of white sugar. I took a sample of the beer. It tasted nice and bitter, just how I like it and will be in the barrel for about 3 months. It should then be very drinkable. The final gravity was about 1.009 and this should give an ABV of about 3.8%. So the goblins were not present this time and I therefore pronounce another successful beer has been made.

Monday should be another brew day. This time I will be attempting a clone of Camerons Strongarm. This beer should have an ABV of 4.4%.  I have to ramp up the beer brewing a little to ensure that there are a sufficient number of different beers available for the 2nd Annual Orchard Road Beer Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers