Total Page Views

Thursday 9 December 2010

Wednesday Outing

Braving the biting cold I made my way, via number 42 bus, to the farmers market in Bristol. The man selling the pieminister pies was once again absent from his post. I only had to wait a few minutes however, until he came bouncing back from wherever it was he was at. Bought my pie, which by the way, was delicious (ate it for my lunch today) and made my way to the Commercial Rooms to meet Pete. There was about 7 or 8 real Christmas ales on offer. I opted for a Cotleigh Reinbeer 4.5%. A dark ale pleasant enough but not really to my taste. Pete came in about 10 minutes later. We put the world to rights, finished our beer and made our way to the Shakespeare Tavern and a pint of Hydes Jekylls Gold 4.3%. There were quite a few customers enjoying their lunch with a roaring fire at the end of the bar room. After sorting our all the problems of all the peoples in the world we made our way across the river to Weatherspoons Llyods No 1 Bar the V Shed. Looking forward to sampling a couple more of their Christmas real ales were disappointed that not one was available. In fact of the 4 real ales on offer on two were actually available. Ruddles and Gem. Only once choice for me I am afraid so I had to have to Bath Ales Gem 4.1%. Looking around there were a lot of promotional posters and stand up cardboard leaflets extolling the fact that at least one christmas real ale would be available. Shame on you Weatherspoons. If you ain't got the beer don't advertise it. You dash drinkers expectations and hopes. If it was possible for Christmas ales to be available in abundance at the Commercial Rooms a mere 10 minutes walk away why ain't it possible to have at least one of those beers available in the V shed. Again shame on you Weatherspoons. You are beginning to treat you customers with contempt like so many other large companies. Shame and shame again. Enough ranting. Said goodbye to Pete and made my disappointed way home via the number 42 bus.

Ah Well. At least it is curry night tonight. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers