Total Page Views

Friday 10 December 2010

Curry Night - Thursday

Travelled with Geoff, Jim and Alannis to the Staple Hill Oak for our weekly curry and real ale night. After the disappointing showing of real Christmas ale at the V Shed on Wednesday I am happy to report that the Oak had quite a few festive ales. Started off with a Christmas Bonus 4%. I can't find anything on the Internet. I could have the name wrong I suppose. Anyway it was a golden coloured easy drinking beer. The curry I ate was beef madras. A bit on the hot and spicy side for me but very tasty nonetheless. With the curry I had a Stonehenge Rudolf 5%. A darker beer which went down very well. Exmoor Wild Cat 4.4%  was next. This also went down well. Now there's a surprise. Then onto a Brains Festive Cheer 4%. Alannis had a Luxury Hot Chocolate which she said was and I quote, yummy. We talked quite a lot of bullocks last night and I am glad I declined to partake in a bottle or two of wine and stuck with the beer.

I will probably be barrelling my latest brew sometime over the weekend or on Monday. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers