Total Page Views

Friday 19 November 2010

Thursday and Curry Night

 Another successful curry night at the Staple Hill Oak. Arrived with Geff and Michelle and met Duncan, Mary and John  and ordered a Lumford 3.9%. I was looking forward to this beer. However, as it was being poured it didn't look too good and it had bits of yeast floating in it. The taste wasn't quite right either so we settled for a Red Kite 4.3% a dark red beer. I don't mind dark beers but prefer the more paler versions. Curry was next on the agenda so I ordered a Chicken Tikka Masala. I ate this without incident though Michelle ate my poppadoms! We had a Strawberry Line 5% with our curry. This really does have a hint of strawberries. Very delicious indeed. Perhaps I could find a recipe for this beer and have a go at brewing it myself. Should be ready for late spring early summer. Just right.

Today should have been another brew day but owing to the fact that I still haven't got around to ordering a new fermenting vessel I have had to put it off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers