Total Page Views

Friday 19 November 2010

Checking the Latest Brew

I checked the gravity of my latest brew. It came out at 1.010. I will take another reading tomorrow. If it is the same or close I will barrel it. This brew will need to be dry hopped. So I will use up the few grams or so of golding hops I still have lying around. Dry hopping is the practice of putting some hops into the barrel after fermentation has been completed. This will give help my brew have a better aroma. As we all know smell and taste are intertwined. I will then place it in the fermenting cupboard for 3 days or so. Then It will go into the garage for 3 months or so.

Next brew day will next Friday 28 Nov 10 which would have been my 40th wedding anniverery if the old cow had not treated me so badly and bedded a string of babbling idiots some 28 years ago. Stupid bitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers