Total Page Views

Sunday 22 August 2010

Nick's Beer and Curry Afternoon.

Why are Saturdays so short of buses to and from the country. They basically run a skeleton service. From one every hour to one every 2 hours. With the last bus being at a stupid time of 4pm. I just don't get it. Saturday is probably the one day when most people want to get out and about. They want to visit the big city and do some shopping or whatever. Rant over.

Due to buses, or should I say the lack of buses. I didn't get to Nick's until 13:25. By then the usual suspects had started on the barrel of Wadworths 6X I am not usually a great of fan of 6X. However, this beer was excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Nick served up Cheddar and Stilton cheese with bread and grapes to keep Jim going until the curry was ready. Barry had prepared the curry which was a sort of chicken jalfrezi with pilau rice. Can't really go wrong with chicken curry in my very humble opinion. Extremely tasty and just spicy enough, at least for me. I had two good servings. Jim had three. An extremely nice afternoon drinking Nick's beer, eating his curry and talking the usual bullocks about everything from politics to food and back again. However the beer ran out about 6 o'clockish, so we packed up our troubles in our old kit bags and hit the road. Duncan had already left about fivish to cycle home. Beryl, John, Richard and Jim also got on their bikes and peddled home. I left in the company of Barry and Tony and walked to Warmley where Barry and I got the bus for the last mile or so up t'hill. I got home about 7.35 pm and rounded the day off with a pint of home brew, a clone of Ex Valley Spring Beer. A delightful way to finish a great afternoon out. When is the next one? Over to you lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers