Total Page Views

Monday 23 August 2010

A New Brew Day Approaches

Measured the River Dog yesterday. It seems stable now at 1.006 so will barrel on Wednesday.

Friday will be the new brew day and it will be called Scarecrow in honour of the scarecrow festival that is held in Lynton and Lynmouth every August. I will order the ingredients on Wednesday. This time I will make sure that I have all the necessary to save having to rush up to the corner shop again. Also I will make sure that the water problem I made for myself last brew day is sorted out. I am trying for an IPA style ale with an ABV of about 3.5 to 4%.

This is a cider recipe if anyone wants to try it:

Cider Recipe.

This will work with the cheapest apple juice you can find in the cheapest supermarket. Or you could press your own apples until you have 17 litres of apple juice. The champagne yeast will make this cider dry. If you want it a bit sweeter try ordinary beer yeast. Try substituting pear juice and perry for the strong cider if cider is a bit too acidic for your taste or stomach.

17 litres apple juice
3 litres strong cider
champagne yeast
Half pound of sultanas
  
put in Fermentation Vessel, mix, ferment for 10 days

Barrel and leave for minimum 3 weeks


Drink!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers