Total Page Views

Thursday 13 January 2011

Wednesday's Pub Stroll

Once again the elements, although rather nasty, were braved and another sortie to Bristol Farmers Market was undertaken. The pieman, whose name has just got to be Simon! Was present and correct so I purchased today's lunch and made my way to the Commercial Rooms. No one at the bar and three members of staff could be see chatting quite busily around the coffee machine. It was obvious after a few minutes that no one had see me come in so I attracted their attention by saying 'Anyone at home'. It was all good natured and I ordered a pint of Trident 5%. However, the barman started to pour me some other beer. I pointed out his mistake and he poured me the correct pint. However, he did offer the wrong pint of beer to the guy on my left (who was waiting to be served) at half price. Oh well, I did have a 50p off coupon from Camra.

Pete arrived soon after. We finished up our pints and headed for the Shakespeare. Where we had a pint of York Brewery Yorkshire Terrier 4.3%. Beginning to warm up but still being very brave we drunk up and headed for Denmark Street and found the Bunch of Grapes. Here we had a Escape Claus 4%. Once again we put the world to rights but decided that we may be able to find one more pub. So we struck out and came across The Hatchet. The only real ale on offer was Butcombe 4% of which we had a pint. Although it was drinkable it was definitely not up to standard. So we made our way in the rain to our respective bus stops. My bus the number 43 was already there. I boarded and after a little nap I found myself at Kingswood shopping centre, got off and spent 10 minutes walking home in, yes, the rain. Oh well. Roll on the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers