Total Page Views

Friday 7 January 2011

Wednesday & Thursday

Wednesday was a non pub strolling day. So enough said. Thursday though was curry night. Hooray! Together with Jim, Pete, Geoff and Alannis I attended the Staple Hill Oak. To start the evening off we sampled the Funky Monkey 4%. And well deserving of the SIBA award it was. Lovely beer. A curry was next and I ordered a Lamb Rogan Joss with the usual Nan bread, poppadoms and yellow rice. It was quite nice but I fear that I may be going off Wetherspoons currys. Perhaps next week I will try something else from their menu. Anyway I had a Cotleigh Barn Owl 4.5%. A nice darkish beer with a pleasant 'smokey' after taste. Finished most of my curry and tried Three Kings 4.5% I think from Three Castles Brewery. This beer does not feature on the brewery website and I forgot to write it down. No matter, in the middle of all this we had a pint of Red Nose Reinbeer 4.5%. So a regular Thursday night out with some of the Old Gits. Jim and Pete had several rants apiece. Some rants were new and some were already registered. All were taken very seriously. Well for a few seconds anyway. All in all another successful curry night.

Looking forward to next Wednesday and a pub stroll with Pete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers