Total Page Views

Friday 17 December 2010

Curry on a Thursday

I travelled with Geoff, Jim and Tony to the Staple Hill Oak last night for a curry and few drinks. The place was pretty lively with about 4 separate Christmas parties going on. However, it did not effect us and the bar was quite clear. I started with a Dorset Brewing Company Adventageous Xmas Bitter 4.5%. A pleasant pale coloured beer. With my Lamb Chettinedu I had a Santa's Sack 4.2%. A dark beer but very nice just the same. Pete had a steak and kidney pie with chips and peas. But the centre of his pie was still cold and not hot so he sent it back. Five minutes later a brand new plate of pie complete with chips and peas appeared. Problem solved. Curry scoffed it was back to the beer. However, a limited choice for new beer so I returned to Adventageous. Then from somewhere out of the blue a bottle of red wine appeared. I weakened and had a glass. Unfortunately this turned an ordinary curry into a talking curry. As apparently I was 'fighting someone' in my sleep. I don't remember and as far as I can recall I had a deep and pleasant night's sleep. Barry pitched towards the end of our curry night and dished out his annual round of Christmas cards. Thank you Barry much appreciated.

I don't think I will be making any new brews this side of Christmas but watch this space.

Please click on the adverts as the Alzheimer's donation fund has stalled yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers