Total Page Views

Saturday 27 November 2010

Curry Night At Weatherspoons

Thursday and curry night at the Staple Hill Oak. Went with Geoff, Tony and Alaniss for our weekly curry. Started with a Chesil 4.1% which was very good. On then to the object of the visit and the curry. I opted for a Lamb Chatanindu even though I had had a not very nice experience a few weeks ago. There was a definite improvement but it still had a few pieces of gristle in it, However, it was very tasty and I did enjoy it. After our curry we had a Rising Pheonix 4.5% very nice. Next was a Black Squirrel 3.9%. A decent enough dark beer but I wouldn't want to drink it all night.Ended with a Otter Head 5.6% a little strong but tasty. Again I would not want to drink that all night either!

The 3 Old Gits will be back soon from New Zealand with a suitcase full of photographs no doubt. I may splash a few on this and other pages. Watch this space.It also means that Pete will be free to resume the Wednesday pub stroll. Looking forward to that.

Monday will be brew day. I have received my order of ingredients so am good to go. I am nearly at the end of my stock of hops so perhaps I may get a bit more adventurous in future months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers