Total Page Views

Sunday 31 October 2010

Brew Day - Saturday

Another brew day to keep my supply of real ale up to acceptable stock levels. I decided on a bitter beer this time. Mainly because I still have some target, goldings and styrian golding hops to use up. This beer will not turn out to be anything special. However, it will help to use up surplus hops and will be a decent enough session beer at just 3.6% ABV. When these hops are used up I will try more exotic brews and try to expand my repertoire. However, I had to start quite late due to the last of the shelves being fitted under one of the work benches in the shed. These shelves are not a very pretty sight but they do serve a practical purpose and keep the work surfaces clear of clutter.

The brew process went extremely well. No major disasters or upsets and the brew is bubbling away very nicely in the fermenting cupboard. Barrelling of this brew will take place in 7 to 10 days time. I will probably start another brew next Friday or Saturday so the fermenting cupboard will be full.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers