Total Page Views

Tuesday 19 October 2010

Another Barrelling of the Beer

Transferred the fermented wort of Donnington Best Bitter to a pressure barrel and primed with 75 grams of castor sugar on 16 Oct 10. A final gravity of 1.006 gave an ABV of about 3.51. This should be a nice easy drinking session beer. Tuesday 19 Oct 10. Its raining hard and I am reluctant to grab the barrel from the brewing cupboard and lug it the 5 metres into the cold of the garage. Though its got to be done and I struggle through the pouring rain and finally manage to lift it up onto the 4 foot racking. Job done and I leave the garage. Bloody hell its stopped raining and the sun has come out. If I had waited another 2 minutes I wouldn't have that soaking. Oh well! Thats Life. And don't you forget it.

Meeting with Pete tomorrow at the Commercial Rooms for our usual Wednesday jaunt around Bristol. I hope the weather will be a little kinder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers