Total Page Views

Thursday 9 September 2010

Wednesday Day Out


Met Pete in the Berkley a Weatherspoons pub opposite the university at the top of Park Street. Weatherspoons are having a cider festival at the moment so there wasn't much in the way of real ales. Settled for a Butcombe 4%. Pete had Ruddles. Pete stayed with the Ruddles but I had a Pionair Leopard 5%. brewed by Cottage Brewery. This ale is not shown on their website maybe its a special for Weatherspoons. It is a dark beer with distinctive taste. Not unpleasant but I probably would not be drinking it again. On then to the Hope and Anchor for a pint of Cotleigh Tawny. A nice beer with good flavours despite its low 3.8% ABV. Also had a large bowl of chips. My advice is that unless you are extremely hungry and you fancy chips have the small bowl. On then to the Plume of Feathers and a pint of Arbor Ales and a pint of Brigstow. The Plume of Feathers features a few times in the Camra Bristol Branch publication Pints West No 87. Although it is available in printed form it does not seem to have been in an appearance on the website yet. A very pleasant friendly pub recently reopened. After that it was homeward bound on the bus. I can't believe it is Thursday yet again. Oh well! I will just have to be brave and go for a curry I suppose. I will try hard not to lose my notes this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers