Total Page Views

Thursday 30 September 2010

Drinking on a Wet Wednesday

Took a bus trip to Keynsham and met Pete in the Old Bank. Found a very nice real ale from Wickwar Brewery, Coppers 3.5%. A session beer but with bags of flavour and depth and at only £1.80 per pint a real winner. Because it was raining quite heavily we stayed for a second pint of Coopers then, when the rain eased off a bit,  made our way to The Ship Inn. Stopping at Neal's Fine Food shop for a steak and kidney pie. This will be consumed for Friday's lunch. At the Ship we had a pint of Morrells Varsity 4%. This was followed by a Jennings Cumberland 4%. A beer with a distinctive taste. A grand afternoon out. Nice tasty ale but we didn't have our traditional bowl of chips. I really know why but it was Pete's turn to buy them. Or it could be that the time travel/warp has kicked in yet again and took us to a parallel universe where the only difference is that they don't have chips or maybe they don't have potatoes or frying oil. It would be a creepy place without chips. How would it be possible to have a bowl of chips tradition without chips. I don't know and it is making my teeth itch just thinking about it.

Tomorrow is brew day. I have decided on a mild style beer which should be ready for Xmas. It should turn out at about 3.4% ABV and make a bit of a change from the pale ales and bitters I have been brewing lately. Later today I will boil about 20 litres of water and leave to cool overnight. Tomorrow I will try and not make mistakes like I did last Friday. Though at my age and level of intelligence that is a big ask. Still like a British Bulldog I will keep calm and carry on. Oh! By the way. DON'T SPILL BEER.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers