Total Page Views

Wednesday 11 August 2010

Brew Day Approaches

Just placed an order for the ingredients for Friday's brew with the Thrifty Shopper. I use them because they offer free next day delivery on orders over £25, other internet home brew shops need an order of over £60 for free delivery. If you have a problem with an order or the service they provide they put it right quickly and efficiently. They also offer small quantities of hops. So generally speaking I can order just the right quantities of ingredients that I need for my next brew and they are not sitting around going stale or losing flavour.

For my brew on Friday I ordered 2 kg of light dry malt (I already have 500 grams of medium dry malt which will replace the Black Malt called for by the recipe.) 49 grams of challenger hops and 1x11 gram pack of safale04 yeast. I have all the rest of the ingredients at hand. This brew is a clone of Batemans XXXB I shall be calling it River Dog. It is a long story and involves, Lynton, walking, pubs and very hot days.




Going out with Pete later to Keynsham for beer and faggots. See tomorrows posting for the results of this exciting adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers