Total Page Views

Sunday 8 August 2010

Another Quiet Night In

My calculations, regarding the amount of beer left in the Young's Special barrel, was a bit off. So had to start on the Bathams Best Bitter 4.9%. A pale yellow, fruity, sweetish bitter with a dry, hoppy finish. A good, light refreshing beer. Very tasty and it went down a treat. Most of my brews are coming out a bit stronger than the recipe suggests. It slowly, very slowly dawned on me what I maybe doing wrong. I may not be quick but I usually get there in the end. Probably because I am using quantities of malt and sugar for a 25 litre brew and only putting 23 litres of wort and water into the fermenting vessel (or beer bucket as my grandchildren call it. I must teach them the correct terminology or or beer speak as it is known in the trade. I hope they take up home brewing before I get too old to brew my own. They can then smuggle beer into the home or park bench where I shall be staying). My age is definitely beginning to show. Oh well, sitting in a corner dribbling and occasionally shouting incomprehensible and obscene insults probably awaits us all! Although having said that the original gravity of my brews are pretty close to that in the recipe.

Dug a few spuds and picked a few runner beans to go with stuffed marrow bought from the St Nicholas farmers market last Wednesday, for lunch. Yummy, yummy.

2 comments:

  1. Living on a park bench?
    Never!
    I shan't allow it!

    It's the back of eurospar for you, cuddled up in the cardboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you son. Its nice to know that you have people who will look after you!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers